The information that we collect
We sometimes need to collect personal information about you:
- If you sign a petition on the site, we store the data that you provide us, and your first name, surname, email address, country and postcode is also added to our mailing list. Our mailing lists are managed through NationBuilder.
- If you correspond with us, either by email or by another form of communication, your message may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, IP address, as well as other personal information.
Please see below for more information about cookies on this website.
How we use the information and the legal basis
We may use the information about you for the following purposes:
- To inform and to update you about our work at Good Law Project via email. The legal basis is consent under Article 6(1)(a). If you wish to unsubscribe from our newsletter, please see below.
- To analyze donations and our financial performance and contact individuals about donations. The legal basis is legitimate interest under Article 6(1)(f).
- To respond to enquiries via phone and email. The legal basis is legitimate interest under Article 6(1)(f).
- To ensure our communication with you is relevant, timely and will ultimately provide a better experience for you and make our campaigns more impactful, we may build up a profile of you based on the interactions you have had with Good Law Project.
– On occasion we may process special category data, including health information, ethnicity and political opinions. We would only collect sensitive personal data if there is a clear reason for doing so and will only do so with your explicit consent.
Disclosure and transfer of personal information
- Organisations that help us process donations
- Organisations that help us develop and maintain our website and mailing lists, including Zapier, Mailchimp, and Meta
- Organisations that help us collect and process survey data
- Government bodies such as HMRC
- Where we are required by law to disclose personal information
Unsubscribing from our newsletter
Every email update contains an unsubscribe link in the footer. By unsubscribing, this automatically takes you off the list and you will not be emailed again by Good Law Project.
You can also unsubscribe from the mailing list here.
You have the right to access your personal data we may hold on you, and you have the right to require inaccurate personal data to be corrected. You also have the right to have your personal data deleted and the right to restrict the processing of your data in certain circumstances. If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us on email@example.com. We will respond within one month.
We will retain your personal information until we no longer need it as defined by our operational needs, or until you ask us to remove your details.
This statement only applies to the website of Good Law Project (http://goodlawproject.org/).
Like with many other websites, we place small data files on your computer or mobile phone, also known as cookies. These help us analyse web traffic and they also help us to improve our website.
Third party websites and cookies
On our website, we sometimes embed or include links to third party sites. They have their own privacy policies and do not accept responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of third party websites. Third party sites may also have cookies which we have no control over.
If you have any complaints regarding how we use your personal data – or questions about how we process your personal data – please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data protection”. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Last updated: 13 September 2022